Grace Hospital (Detroit, Mich.)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Grace Hospital opened for patients in December, 1888 with seventy-five beds. It expanded rapidly over the next several decades, serving over 15,000 inpatients and 90,000 outpatients by its fiftieth year, 1938, and opening the Northwest Branch in 1942. Building additions in 1953 and 1964 made Grace the second largest voluntary non-profit hospital in Michigan. Grace and Harper Hospitals merged in 1973 and consolidated with other hospitals in the newly-created Detroit Medical Center in 1985. The...
Dates: 1880 - 1993
Abstract The Grace Hospital Training School for Nurses was established in 1889, the second nursing school created in Michigan. The first class of nurses graduated in 1891 and the Grace Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association was created in 1899. The Alumnae Association stayed active until at least the early 1980s. The Alumnae Association Records contain material created by the Alumnae Association including board meeting minutes, by-laws, a guest book from alumni events, newsletters,...
Dates: 1893 - 1983
Abstract Lorraine (Halsted) Decker graduated from the Grace Hospital School of Nursing in 1956. Decker was a member of the Grace Hospital School of Nursing Alumnae Association and served as the Social Chairman in the early 1980s. This collection is comprised of some 75th anniversary of the Alumnae Association material and correspondence from her work with the Alumnae Association. The collection also includes two diplomas of Grace nursing graduates, photographs, and publications from School of Nursing...
Dates: 1912 - 1983