Sinai Hospital of Detroit
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Robert Aronson began his career with the Milwaukee Jewish Federation, serving as executive director beginning in 1983 and as executive vice president beginning in 1987. After six years of leadership with the Milwaukee Jewish Federation, Aronson joined the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (JFMD) as Chief Operating Officer, a position which he held for twenty years. The Aronson years at the JFMD saw much change and evolution including financing, expanding, and revitalizing facilities,...
Dates: 1990 - 2010
Abstract Sinai Hospital Guild was a Women's Auxiliary, established in 1952 by the hospital's board of trustees, made up of women from several Jewish community organizations around Detroit. Their focus was to establish and train a corps of volunteer who would assist in patient, clerical, and general hospital support. Their records document their activities until Sinai Hospital was closed in 2000.
Dates: 1952 - 2000
Abstract Sinai Hospital was created out of a demand for a hospital that would provide staff affiliations for Jewish doctors and care for patients in Detroit, free of the discrimination found in hospitals in the early 1900s. Through considerable fund raising over many decades, the hospital broke ground in 1951, opened in 1953 and underwent tremendous growth and development over the years. Sinai Hospital was sold to the Detroit Medical Center in 1997. It was closed in 1999 and merged with Grace Hospital...
Dates: 1900 - 1999; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1999