Blaine Marrin Papers
Collection — Container: Small Processed Collections: Li-Ma, Box 10, Folder: 10
The Blaine Marrin Papers covers the period from 1947 to 1955.
- Agreement: Automotive Tool and Die Manufacturers Association and Local 155 and 157 (October 4,1950).
- Committee for a National Third Caucus (July 7, 1947).
- Blaine Marrin - Letters and Award
- Region IA Headquarters Dedication (April 28, 1955).
- W. Reuther Testimonial Dinner (May 2, 1953).
- Shops in Local 157 (Jan. 29, 1952).
- Society of Tool and Die Craftsmen.
- Survey of Rates of Pay in Tool and Die Shops (May, 1952; Feb.,1953).
- Union Elections
- 1947 - 1955
Language of Materials
Material entirely in English.
Collection is open for research.
Refer to the Walter P. Reuther Library
Rules for Use of Archival Materials.Restrictions: Researchers may encounter records of a sensitive nature – personnel files, case records and those involving investigations, legal and other private matters. Privacy laws and restrictions imposed by the Library prohibit the use of names and other personal information which might identify an individual, except with written permission from the Director and/or the donor.
.25 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Correspondence, reports, and other items collected by Mr. Marrin, former president of UAW Local 157 (the UAW's tool and die local for western Detroit), and a trustee of the International Union.
Blaine Marrin was born in Norway, Michigan on May 6, 1906. He joined the UAW in January, 1935. He has served as Financial Secretary-Treasurer and President for UAW-CIO Local 157; Vice President, Michigan CIO; and was an Executive Board Member CIO-PAC. In 1966 he was elected a trustee for the UAW.
Material arranged in 1 folder.
The papers of Blaine Marrin were deposited with the Labor History Archives in October, 1966 by Mr. Marrin.
- Blaine Marrin Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description